Tony Nicolette, D2football.com: Weekly Column
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
August 25th, 2009
For those of us with "football itch", this summer ended up feeling a lot longer than usual. Normally, we here in the Great Lakes can count on plenty of HOT summer days that make any lake, river, puddle, or Mr. Turtle pool look like the most welcome of respites. Save a few days here this August, there were repeated stretches this summer that almost felt more like early fall. For those of us that suffer from the afore mentioned "itch", we woke up on many of those fall-like Saturday mornings excited at the prospect that we'd be spending the ensuing afternoon standing in the parking lot behind our alma mater or favorite team's stadium with grill tongs in one hand and beverage of choice in the other. After a few moments of yawning and non-football-related itching, the unfortunate realization then hit that Mother Nature was merely tricking us and the coolish weather only meant that the lake wasn't as warm as we'd like and that football was still a spot at which to be peered on the distant horizon. A long summer indeed.
Well, gang, thankfully for us trickery and disappointment are no longer the rule. Our favorite time of year has returned and football resumes its place at center stage. Let the speculation, adoration, and celebration begin!
Read on as Tony previews all GLIAC teams and this week's matchups:
Thursday, August 27, 2009
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Great Moment of D2 Sportsmanship
- Korte and Steelers, 1PM Sunday, NFL Network
- Tom Korte Talks to Huge
- Hillsdale - St. Joe's Official Rundown from Hillsd...
- Hillsdale Defense Slams the Door on St. Joe's, Cha...
- Halftime Update from St. Joe's
- WCSR Charger Football Roundtable
- Week 1, 2009 Podcast: Let's Get it On!
- D2football.com' Independent Columnist David Bykows...
- Tony Nicolette, D2football.com: Weekly Column
- Tom Korte Picks off Colt Brennan
- Making Radio Magic, Wednesday 7:00 PM, WCSR
- St. Joe's Travel Links
- Scouting St. Joe's
- GLIAC Games this Week
- Charger Families: Game 1 Tailgating Info and Welco...
- Hillsdale's Panizzi Primed for One Final Run
- Veldheer on Josh Buchanan Scouting Offensive Linem...
- Down in the Dale: It's good to be good
- Korte vs. Cardinals Gallery Up at Chargerbluespace...
- 3 Hillsdale Chargers make most prestigious pre-sea...
- Chargers Fighting Through the Heat, Wear and Tear ...
- Aaron Waldie Gets his shot at the CFL
- The Great Pre-Season Poll Debate
- Korte Calls the whole thing "Surreal", looking to ...
- Chuck Martin: Real Men of Genius
- 17 Days and counting!
- A Deeper Look Into a bit of a Rant
- Eat Like a Champion Today!
- Korte Caps Day with (another) Charlie Batch INT.
- New "Charge On" design now available from Cafe Pre...
- Ferris Gets New Unis
- Charger media guide available for free Download
- Different Year, Same Crappy Pick by the GLIAC Coac...
- Tom Korte Spotting
- ▼ August (35)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)