2009 Hillsdale College grad Aaron Waldie may be spending this coming football season in the financial sector but come April, he will get his shot at making the Saskatchewan Rough Riders of Canadian Football League.
"I am just so grateful for the chance to play. I have had so much support from my family, and my Hillsdale family. I have been so blessed throughout my life and I thank God every single day for allowing me to continue to play the game," Waldie said as he now spend the next nine 7 months in preparation for mini camp.
"I have agreed to a 2 year contract with the Saskatchewan Rough Riders for the 2010 and 2011 seasons. I report to mini-camp probably around march or april then training camp shortly after that. The season is from June til November depending on if we make the playoffs. It is a similar situation to the one Tom is in now. I will sign a contract as soon as they send it to me, but i still have to make the team."
Hillsdale's single season and career record holder for touchdown receptions said that the Rough Riders are primarily lookin for special teams help and that he already knows he'll be competing against another smaller school product in North Dakota's Wes Dressler, a CFL rookie of the year. 1n 2007, Waldie and Dressler were in the same debate over who was Division II's more electrifying player.
Another face Waldie is excited to work beside is Texas Tech quarterback and former Heisman finalist Graham Harrell. "I am VERY excited about that, and just the whole opportunity to continue doing what I am truly passionate about."
Congratulations Aaron on this great accomplishment. Chargerblue.com will be following you along the way.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Great Moment of D2 Sportsmanship
- Korte and Steelers, 1PM Sunday, NFL Network
- Tom Korte Talks to Huge
- Hillsdale - St. Joe's Official Rundown from Hillsd...
- Hillsdale Defense Slams the Door on St. Joe's, Cha...
- Halftime Update from St. Joe's
- WCSR Charger Football Roundtable
- Week 1, 2009 Podcast: Let's Get it On!
- D2football.com' Independent Columnist David Bykows...
- Tony Nicolette, D2football.com: Weekly Column
- Tom Korte Picks off Colt Brennan
- Making Radio Magic, Wednesday 7:00 PM, WCSR
- St. Joe's Travel Links
- Scouting St. Joe's
- GLIAC Games this Week
- Charger Families: Game 1 Tailgating Info and Welco...
- Hillsdale's Panizzi Primed for One Final Run
- Veldheer on Josh Buchanan Scouting Offensive Linem...
- Down in the Dale: It's good to be good
- Korte vs. Cardinals Gallery Up at Chargerbluespace...
- 3 Hillsdale Chargers make most prestigious pre-sea...
- Chargers Fighting Through the Heat, Wear and Tear ...
- Aaron Waldie Gets his shot at the CFL
- The Great Pre-Season Poll Debate
- Korte Calls the whole thing "Surreal", looking to ...
- Chuck Martin: Real Men of Genius
- 17 Days and counting!
- A Deeper Look Into a bit of a Rant
- Eat Like a Champion Today!
- Korte Caps Day with (another) Charlie Batch INT.
- New "Charge On" design now available from Cafe Pre...
- Ferris Gets New Unis
- Charger media guide available for free Download
- Different Year, Same Crappy Pick by the GLIAC Coac...
- Tom Korte Spotting
- ▼ August (35)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)