Thanks to prominent ChargerblueSpace poster Jim Veldheer for this look at how future NFL players condition their finely-tuned bodies.
Senior tackle Jared Veldheer (L) and current Pittsburgh Steelers rookie Tom Korte (R) tackled Fifth Third Ballpark and West Michigan Whitecaps' famed Fifth Third burger earlier this summer. Jared finished the meal in 18 minutes, a full 120 seconds ahead of Korte. Both received the coveted free t-shirts for their accomplishments.
According to CNBC's Darren Rovell it's his choice for #1 minor league concession item of the year.
"For years, we've given the title of 'Concession Item Of The Year' to the Gateway Grizzlies, whose executives seems to have a knack for coming up with the best idea year after year.
But the West Michigan Whitecaps have our eye this year with this — believed to be the single most caloric item ever offered at a ballpark.
Here are the important details on this absolute gutbuster. It's called the Fifth Third Burger, named after the bank that sponsors the team's ballpark.
It's 5/3 lbs (1.66) of beef with lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream, chili and Fritos on an eight-inch sesame seed bun."
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Great Moment of D2 Sportsmanship
- Korte and Steelers, 1PM Sunday, NFL Network
- Tom Korte Talks to Huge
- Hillsdale - St. Joe's Official Rundown from Hillsd...
- Hillsdale Defense Slams the Door on St. Joe's, Cha...
- Halftime Update from St. Joe's
- WCSR Charger Football Roundtable
- Week 1, 2009 Podcast: Let's Get it On!
- D2football.com' Independent Columnist David Bykows...
- Tony Nicolette, D2football.com: Weekly Column
- Tom Korte Picks off Colt Brennan
- Making Radio Magic, Wednesday 7:00 PM, WCSR
- St. Joe's Travel Links
- Scouting St. Joe's
- GLIAC Games this Week
- Charger Families: Game 1 Tailgating Info and Welco...
- Hillsdale's Panizzi Primed for One Final Run
- Veldheer on Josh Buchanan Scouting Offensive Linem...
- Down in the Dale: It's good to be good
- Korte vs. Cardinals Gallery Up at Chargerbluespace...
- 3 Hillsdale Chargers make most prestigious pre-sea...
- Chargers Fighting Through the Heat, Wear and Tear ...
- Aaron Waldie Gets his shot at the CFL
- The Great Pre-Season Poll Debate
- Korte Calls the whole thing "Surreal", looking to ...
- Chuck Martin: Real Men of Genius
- 17 Days and counting!
- A Deeper Look Into a bit of a Rant
- Eat Like a Champion Today!
- Korte Caps Day with (another) Charlie Batch INT.
- New "Charge On" design now available from Cafe Pre...
- Ferris Gets New Unis
- Charger media guide available for free Download
- Different Year, Same Crappy Pick by the GLIAC Coac...
- Tom Korte Spotting
- ▼ August (35)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)