Hillsdale College tailback Vinnie Panizzi is expecting great things from his final football season with the Chargers.
The 212 pound back who comes into the season the largest he has ever been claims he's just as fast and is really feeling the power from the added muscle.
Another factor boosting his confidence is the fact he'll be a three-year starter. "Those two years of experience are going to carry me very far this year," Panizzi states.
Last season, the Grosse Pointe South alum finished the season with 1086 rushing yards, 5th most in the GLIAC. He found the endzone 12 times. He was also a key component on special teams racking up 501 kickoff return yards and finishing 4th in the league for all purpose yards.
Aside from simply feeling good his own potential this season, Panizzi is excited about what he sees from the early camp progress of his teammates, "The team is looking very promising right now. The offense started a little slow in the very beginning, but has sharpened up very nicely and we are all expecting great things."
He's also got a lot of confidence in the guys playing on the other side of the ball, "The defensive line looks fantastic, and should be a serious threat to other teams who try and run on us. The rest of the defense also seems to be progressing and overall everybody is getting very excited for what should be a very very successful season."
Panizzi and the Chargers scrimmage one final time this Saturday and then open up the 2009 campaign on the road August 29 at St. Joe's, IN. Hillsdale was 7-4 (6-4 GLIAC) last season.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Great Moment of D2 Sportsmanship
- Korte and Steelers, 1PM Sunday, NFL Network
- Tom Korte Talks to Huge
- Hillsdale - St. Joe's Official Rundown from Hillsd...
- Hillsdale Defense Slams the Door on St. Joe's, Cha...
- Halftime Update from St. Joe's
- WCSR Charger Football Roundtable
- Week 1, 2009 Podcast: Let's Get it On!
- D2football.com' Independent Columnist David Bykows...
- Tony Nicolette, D2football.com: Weekly Column
- Tom Korte Picks off Colt Brennan
- Making Radio Magic, Wednesday 7:00 PM, WCSR
- St. Joe's Travel Links
- Scouting St. Joe's
- GLIAC Games this Week
- Charger Families: Game 1 Tailgating Info and Welco...
- Hillsdale's Panizzi Primed for One Final Run
- Veldheer on Josh Buchanan Scouting Offensive Linem...
- Down in the Dale: It's good to be good
- Korte vs. Cardinals Gallery Up at Chargerbluespace...
- 3 Hillsdale Chargers make most prestigious pre-sea...
- Chargers Fighting Through the Heat, Wear and Tear ...
- Aaron Waldie Gets his shot at the CFL
- The Great Pre-Season Poll Debate
- Korte Calls the whole thing "Surreal", looking to ...
- Chuck Martin: Real Men of Genius
- 17 Days and counting!
- A Deeper Look Into a bit of a Rant
- Eat Like a Champion Today!
- Korte Caps Day with (another) Charlie Batch INT.
- New "Charge On" design now available from Cafe Pre...
- Ferris Gets New Unis
- Charger media guide available for free Download
- Different Year, Same Crappy Pick by the GLIAC Coac...
- Tom Korte Spotting
- ▼ August (35)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)