The silence of Muddy Waters Stadium said it all last night. When the last second ticked off the clock and my daughter and I started for the car and the drive back to the Lakeshore, I couldn't help but marvel at just how quiet the entire Muddy Waters Stadium was. It wasn't a disappointment that the Chargers had run out of time against Saginaw Valley. It was a disappointment that the guys who thrilled us all season had run out of Saturdays. It was a disappointment that the dreams we all wanted for this bunch of guys had slipped just past their fingertips. We weren't disappointed in these guys. We were disappointed for these guys.
It took me about as far as the Burger King on M-99 before those feelings had past and I began to look at how amazing the year truly was and just how lucky I was to bring a little bit of it to the readers of Chargerblue.com.
We saw a great offensive line allow record after record to be shattered. Every record below can be tied to great line play.
We saw a defense get better and better all year. Huge plays when the Chargers needed them came from a group that played with a ton of heart and persevered all year.
Then of course there was the offense, on fire all year.
Here is a run-down of just a few of the milestone performances this year. There were other single game records, but these are for the season.
Single Season GLIAC record for punting average: 44.5 yards per punt
Single Season GLIAC record for net passing yards: 3145 yards (GLIAC games only)
Single Season Hillsdale record for net passing yards: 3335 yards
Single Season Hillsdale record for total offense: 3541 yards
Single Season Hillsdale record for passing touchdowns: 31
Single Season Hillsdale record for passing attempts: 371
Single Season Hillsdale record for completions: 240
Single Season Hillsdale record for most receptions: 78
1055 yards receiving is #2 highest Hillsdale total ever recorded.
Single Season Hillsdale record for touchdown catches: 18
Single Season Hillsdale record for receiving yards: 1139 yards
63 receptions is #3 highest Hillsdale total ever recorded.
1085 rushing yards is the #6 highest Hillsdale total and best performance since 2002.
16 rushing touchdowns ties Scott Schulte for the #3 highest Hillsdale total and best performance since 1992.
Single Season Hillsdale record for most extra-points: 55
Stay tuned as I uncover more.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- New Regional Allignment for 2008
- Five Chargers on All Region Team
- Mark Nicolet Season Highlights
- Free Decor - Mini Helmet Contest
- Nicolet Named GLIAC Player of the Year, 4 others 1...
- Charger Post-season Awards
- Defense Gets Overlooked Where it Matters Most
- Whatta Year!
- HDN: One Snap at a Time
- Week 11: Biggest Podcast Ever! (Shortest one too)
- Hillsdale Daily News: Catching On
- So Impressed...
- Chargers Break GLIAC Team Record, Close to Another...
- Great Fan Pictures from Doug Waldie
- Chargerblue.com Team Shop 3 Day Sale
- Factualizing the Playoffs
- Hillsdale to Honor Jack McAvoy's Years of Service ...
- Chargers Inch Closer in Regional Rankings
- Waldie Takes GLIAC Offensive Player of the Week
- All Kinds of Charger Records and Milestones Set at...
- Hillsdale or Ashland? The Debate Rages.
- Chargers Roll on the Road to 45-7 Victory
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Gliac Column
- How High Can Nicolet Fly?
- Big Regional Game on CSTV Tonight Nov. 1
- Team needs editors, too - Opinion
- ▼ November (26)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)