1. Nebraska-Omaha (9-0)
2. Grand Valley State (9-0)
3. North Dakota (8-1)
4. Central Washington (8-1)
5. Ashland (7-1)
6. Winona State (9-1)
7. Hillsdale (8-2)
8. South Dakota (6-4)
9. Saginaw Valley State (6-3)
10. Wayne State (Nebraska) (7-3)
11. Michigan Tech (5-5)
12. Indianapolis (6-4)
Well folks, the win by Hillsdale at Findlay and the South Dakota loss to UNO has moved Hillsdale one spot forward in the regional rankings released yesterday.
The Chargers now sit 7th, one step outside the coveted Top 6. Things will get very interesting with a number of big games on the slate.
First and foremost, Hillsdale must dispatch of #9 Saginaw Valley when the Cardinals visit Muddy Waters Stadium. A Saginaw win eliminates Hillsdale but probably won't be enough to put SVSU into the mix.
Two GLIAC opponents who can help Hillsdale this week are #11 Michigan Tech when Findlay visits and #12 Indianapolis who travels to Northwood. Husky and Hound wins will boost Hillsdale's strength of schedule and weaken Ashland's. Ashland didn't play either Tech or Indy. Indy has already secured a winning record. Tech can do that with a win and boost Hillsdale's resume as the Huskies part of the criteria is "results versus teams .500 or above".
Central Washington hosts UNO. A win by the Mavericks will drop CWU to 8-2 but how far the Wildcats drop is hard to estimate, and it is likely that they are already into the field. Nothing is certain until the NCAA announcement on Sunday.
Winona State (9-1) sits in the coveted 6th spot and plays #10 Wayne State College (7-3) in the Metrodome this Saturday. Either of these teams is a lock. A Winona win likely gets them a playoff spot outright. A Wayne State (Nebraska) win means "Earned Access" comes into play. The winner of the game will be the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference champ. Earned Access will replace the #6 seed with Wayne State thus removing a GLIAC or NCC team. For me, I will be cheering for Winona. I would much rather see a team with a 10-1 record be awarded a playoff site than an 8-3 team.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- New Regional Allignment for 2008
- Five Chargers on All Region Team
- Mark Nicolet Season Highlights
- Free Decor - Mini Helmet Contest
- Nicolet Named GLIAC Player of the Year, 4 others 1...
- Charger Post-season Awards
- Defense Gets Overlooked Where it Matters Most
- Whatta Year!
- HDN: One Snap at a Time
- Week 11: Biggest Podcast Ever! (Shortest one too)
- Hillsdale Daily News: Catching On
- So Impressed...
- Chargers Break GLIAC Team Record, Close to Another...
- Great Fan Pictures from Doug Waldie
- Chargerblue.com Team Shop 3 Day Sale
- Factualizing the Playoffs
- Hillsdale to Honor Jack McAvoy's Years of Service ...
- Chargers Inch Closer in Regional Rankings
- Waldie Takes GLIAC Offensive Player of the Week
- All Kinds of Charger Records and Milestones Set at...
- Hillsdale or Ashland? The Debate Rages.
- Chargers Roll on the Road to 45-7 Victory
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Gliac Column
- How High Can Nicolet Fly?
- Big Regional Game on CSTV Tonight Nov. 1
- Team needs editors, too - Opinion
- ▼ November (26)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)