Hillsdale Daily News Photo
Receiving duo play big roles in Chargers’ prolific offense
Hillsdale Daily News
November 8, 2007
RJ Walters, Sports Writer
They are fairly short, have funny grins on their faces when talking about each other and might just be the best receiving duo in all of Division–II football this year.
They are Hillsdale College wideouts Nick Gurica and Aaron Waldie of course.
Gurica, a senior, is currently leading the GLIAC in receptions (68) and Waldie, a junior, has obliterated the single–season receiving touchdowns mark at Hillsdale (17) while leading the nation in that category.
Coupled with a record–breaking campaign from senior quarterback Mark Nicolet, the tandem has the Chargers on the brink of a possible playoff berth at 8–2 and it’s a number of different factors that have brought about their success.
Being part of a diverse offense with many weapons is a big key according to both.
“I don’t think we had the weapons last year but now we can spread it out more and our offensive line has just been giving great pass protection,” Gurica said. “My freshman year our quarterback control and protection wasn’t very good and I just think the way our offense is allows us just to do what the defense is giving us and it’s just clicking.”
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- New Regional Allignment for 2008
- Five Chargers on All Region Team
- Mark Nicolet Season Highlights
- Free Decor - Mini Helmet Contest
- Nicolet Named GLIAC Player of the Year, 4 others 1...
- Charger Post-season Awards
- Defense Gets Overlooked Where it Matters Most
- Whatta Year!
- HDN: One Snap at a Time
- Week 11: Biggest Podcast Ever! (Shortest one too)
- Hillsdale Daily News: Catching On
- So Impressed...
- Chargers Break GLIAC Team Record, Close to Another...
- Great Fan Pictures from Doug Waldie
- Chargerblue.com Team Shop 3 Day Sale
- Factualizing the Playoffs
- Hillsdale to Honor Jack McAvoy's Years of Service ...
- Chargers Inch Closer in Regional Rankings
- Waldie Takes GLIAC Offensive Player of the Week
- All Kinds of Charger Records and Milestones Set at...
- Hillsdale or Ashland? The Debate Rages.
- Chargers Roll on the Road to 45-7 Victory
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Gliac Column
- How High Can Nicolet Fly?
- Big Regional Game on CSTV Tonight Nov. 1
- Team needs editors, too - Opinion
- ▼ November (26)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)