Friday, November 02, 2007
How High Can Nicolet Fly?
Mark Nicolet broke Hillsdale's single season passing yardage record this past Saturday when he took his 2007 total to 2770 yards, now 106 yards past Mike Gatt's mark set in 1985 enroute to a Charger national championship.
The most amazing thing about Nicolet's feat is that he did it in 9 games compared to the regular season and playoff games Gatt needed.
The intriguing aspect of Nicolet setting the record so early is that he has at 2 and possibly more games to push it even further. He has averaged 307 yards per game. Two performances at half that clip still puts him past the elusive 3000 yard mark that no other quarterback in blue and white has been able to attain.
Is 3500 yards attainable? Who knows?
I bet if you ask Nicolet, he would trade it all for a shot at playing on 11-17.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- New Regional Allignment for 2008
- Five Chargers on All Region Team
- Mark Nicolet Season Highlights
- Free Decor - Mini Helmet Contest
- Nicolet Named GLIAC Player of the Year, 4 others 1...
- Charger Post-season Awards
- Defense Gets Overlooked Where it Matters Most
- Whatta Year!
- HDN: One Snap at a Time
- Week 11: Biggest Podcast Ever! (Shortest one too)
- Hillsdale Daily News: Catching On
- So Impressed...
- Chargers Break GLIAC Team Record, Close to Another...
- Great Fan Pictures from Doug Waldie
- Chargerblue.com Team Shop 3 Day Sale
- Factualizing the Playoffs
- Hillsdale to Honor Jack McAvoy's Years of Service ...
- Chargers Inch Closer in Regional Rankings
- Waldie Takes GLIAC Offensive Player of the Week
- All Kinds of Charger Records and Milestones Set at...
- Hillsdale or Ashland? The Debate Rages.
- Chargers Roll on the Road to 45-7 Victory
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Gliac Column
- How High Can Nicolet Fly?
- Big Regional Game on CSTV Tonight Nov. 1
- Team needs editors, too - Opinion
- ▼ November (26)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)