Hillsdale College Release
Aug. 29, 2005. — Hillsdale College senior Chad Gurica (Adiran, Mich.) was named the GLIAC Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 1 of play in the 2005 season, as announced by the conference office Monday morning.
Gurica, a starting cornerback and kick returner for the Chargers, took the second-half kickoff back 95 yards for a touchdown to highlight his terrific season debut against the University of Indianapolis. The return itself was highlight-reel material, as Gurica worked his way around a pile of defenders, cut upfield, and outran two Indianapolis defenders on his way to the end zone. Gurica, a co-captain, finished with 113 total return yards, and also had five tackles and an interception on defense. Hillsdale eventually lost Saturday’s game to the Greyhounds, 29-21. The kickoff return touchdown was the second of Gurica’s career, the first coming Sept. 6, 2003 against Ferris State University.
Gurica is a two-time honorable mention All-GLIAC selection, and has finished fourth on the Chargers in tackles each of the past two seasons. Gurica played for coach Bill Kohn at Adrian High School.
Monday, August 29, 2005
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- Gurica named GLIAC Special Teams Player of the Wee...
- Running Game Must Improve!
- Chargers Drop Opener 29-21
- In Game Update 23-14 (9:00 3rd Quarter)
- Hillsdale Daily News::Chargers Open Season at Riva...
- Gameday Weather
- Charger Parents: Tickets - UI Tailgating Informati...
- 4-7 hump motivates Hillsdale
- Let's Get it On!
- Hillsdale looks to stay healthy, get over the pere...
- College Sports TV:: D-II Preview: Regional Breakdo...
- D2football.com: Top 25 Poll
- D2football.com: Week 1 Northwest Region Notebook
- 2005 Hillsdale Football Preview
- Scrimmage Update
- Charger Parents: Scrimmage and Apparel News
- Around the GLIAC: High Expectations Await Huskies
- Around the GLIAC:Oilers Dreaming Big in 2005
- Blue-White Scrimmage Saturday at 10 AM
- The Delphos Herald Inc. - Recker downplaying prese...
- Chargers Deal With Hot Weather
- Camp Notes: The Grind Begins
- Keith Recker named All-Amercian
- Special Hotel Rate for Parents Attending August 27...
- New LB Tom Korte is area's triple crown winner
- Chargerblue.com Welcomes Voice of the Chargers
- 100 Chargers Open Camp
- ▼ August (27)