August 4, 2005
HILLSDALE, MI: Hillsdale College Head Football Coach Keith Otterbein was very upbeat following day one of his Chargers' pre-season camp. There weren't many x's and o's today as Otterbein and his staff focused on the administrative duties that accompany the beginning of a season.
"We had 100 players report, and in shape," Otterbein stated. "We are excited to have them back. We did our run testing today and will do some lift-testing tomorrow, but it is quite apparent that our guys really got after it, and work tremendously hard in the off-season."
Offensive line coach Nate Shreffler said, "We are definitely in better shape than we were a year ago, especially the big guys. That should be a huge help in the first couple of weeks.
Due to NCAA regulations requiring an acclimation into the season, pads won't be popping for several days. According to Otterbein, the Chargers can hardly wait. "The kids are excited, fired up, optimistic and really anxious, but it will be a couple of days before we can get into the nitty gritty of football.
The Chargers open the season on August 27 at the University of Indianapolis.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- Gurica named GLIAC Special Teams Player of the Wee...
- Running Game Must Improve!
- Chargers Drop Opener 29-21
- In Game Update 23-14 (9:00 3rd Quarter)
- Hillsdale Daily News::Chargers Open Season at Riva...
- Gameday Weather
- Charger Parents: Tickets - UI Tailgating Informati...
- 4-7 hump motivates Hillsdale
- Let's Get it On!
- Hillsdale looks to stay healthy, get over the pere...
- College Sports TV:: D-II Preview: Regional Breakdo...
- D2football.com: Top 25 Poll
- D2football.com: Week 1 Northwest Region Notebook
- 2005 Hillsdale Football Preview
- Scrimmage Update
- Charger Parents: Scrimmage and Apparel News
- Around the GLIAC: High Expectations Await Huskies
- Around the GLIAC:Oilers Dreaming Big in 2005
- Blue-White Scrimmage Saturday at 10 AM
- The Delphos Herald Inc. - Recker downplaying prese...
- Chargers Deal With Hot Weather
- Camp Notes: The Grind Begins
- Keith Recker named All-Amercian
- Special Hotel Rate for Parents Attending August 27...
- New LB Tom Korte is area's triple crown winner
- Chargerblue.com Welcomes Voice of the Chargers
- 100 Chargers Open Camp
- ▼ August (27)