As 90 degree temperatures spread across Southern Michigan, the Hillsdale College football team prepares to begin its most serious work of the pre-season. The testing, the walk-throughs, the waiting have ended and as head coach Keith Otterbein calls it, "the nitty gritty" of football can begin.
Today will be the Chargers' first fully padded, two-a-day workout of the season. Per NCAA rules, tomorrow will be a single padded practice and a walk through. The schedule alternates on 2,1,2,1 pattern. This will remain through next week before the focus switches to a gameweek preparation for the August 27th opener at Indianapolis.
All reports out of camp highlight the fact that only 6 returning players failed to pass fitness testing on the first try (but all passed the next morning) and that team chemistry is tremendously positive.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- Gurica named GLIAC Special Teams Player of the Wee...
- Running Game Must Improve!
- Chargers Drop Opener 29-21
- In Game Update 23-14 (9:00 3rd Quarter)
- Hillsdale Daily News::Chargers Open Season at Riva...
- Gameday Weather
- Charger Parents: Tickets - UI Tailgating Informati...
- 4-7 hump motivates Hillsdale
- Let's Get it On!
- Hillsdale looks to stay healthy, get over the pere...
- College Sports TV:: D-II Preview: Regional Breakdo...
- D2football.com: Top 25 Poll
- D2football.com: Week 1 Northwest Region Notebook
- 2005 Hillsdale Football Preview
- Scrimmage Update
- Charger Parents: Scrimmage and Apparel News
- Around the GLIAC: High Expectations Await Huskies
- Around the GLIAC:Oilers Dreaming Big in 2005
- Blue-White Scrimmage Saturday at 10 AM
- The Delphos Herald Inc. - Recker downplaying prese...
- Chargers Deal With Hot Weather
- Camp Notes: The Grind Begins
- Keith Recker named All-Amercian
- Special Hotel Rate for Parents Attending August 27...
- New LB Tom Korte is area's triple crown winner
- Chargerblue.com Welcomes Voice of the Chargers
- 100 Chargers Open Camp
- ▼ August (27)