Tradition • Character • Service

Tradition • Character • Service

Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Delphos Herald Inc. - Recker downplaying preseason AA honors

HILLSDALE, Mich. - Keith Recker will go into his senior football season at Hillsdale College as an NCAA Division II All-American candidate.

But the star tight end out of St. John's doesn't care about individual accolades.
He'd much rather see the team bask in the spotlight.

It would be great to be an All-American but it's not going to mean anything if we don't have a winning season, Recker said. It's my senior year and I'm looking for us to have a great season; we don't want another 4-7 record.

Recker is coming off a season in which he caught 40 passes for 489 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Recker has caught 100 passes in his career, eight for scores, and 82 of them have come in the last two seasons.

During his rookie campaign, Recker made an immediate impact, hauling in 18 passes for 272 yards and a team-best four TD receptions.

Yet, as impressive as his numbers have been over the course of his collegiate career, the first-team All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Conference Selection isn't satisfied.

I'm happy about what I've accomplished but I can always be better, he said. I've really improved my understanding of the game. I'm better at changing routes to get open and I just feel like I see everything so much better.

The Chargers have been 4-7 in each of the last three seasons but Recker will tell you the attitude of this year's team is decidedly different.

Full Story:

No comments:

Search The Chargerblue.com News and Comment

The Web Chargerblue.com News and Comment

Blog Archive

Google Analytics