Tradition • Character • Service

Tradition • Character • Service

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Adrian QB makes Hillsdale late choice


Excerpt from Adrian Telegram, Brian Calloway

(Drew) Collins decided Tuesday night to attend Hillsdale over Fairmont State (W. Va.). He will join the Chargers as strictly a quarterback.

“It was tough because I built such a good relationship with the quarterback coach at Fairmont,” said Collins, who threw for 1,484 yards and 15 touchdowns and ran for 1,173 yards and 16 scores while guiding Adrian to an 10-2 mark this season. “I met him at the Michigan camp and it was hard not to go there. The big thing was the school was six hours away. Hillsdale is 30 minutes away and all my friends and family can watch.”

Hillsdale had its best record in 17 years with its 10-3 mark last fall and reached the Division II playoffs for the first time in school history.

Collins, who went 17-5 as Adrian’s starting quarterback and was the county Offensive Player of the Year each of the past two seasons, is one of two quarterbacks the Chargers signed. He said having former Adrian teammate Nick Galvan also at Hillsdale helped with his decision.

“I called Nick (Tuesday) and he’s been great through the process,” Collins said. “He came and saw me when I was on my visit. It’s nice to have someone that I know and that will help make me better.”

Galvan, a defensive back, was a key contributor to the Chargers defense as a freshman last fall and finished fourth on the team with 69 tackles.

Original Article/image

Replacing Emoji...

No comments:

Search The Chargerblue.com News and Comment

The Web Chargerblue.com News and Comment

Blog Archive

Google Analytics