Hillsdale at Gannon University
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Game time: 7:00 PM
Hello Charger Fans,
Tailgating will begin around 4:30-5:00 PM at the Erie Courthouse parking lot. From the Ramada Inn at West 18th St./State St. Take State St. north to 6th St., turn left on 6th St., the courthouse is the third building on 6th St. west of State St. Gannon Athletic Field is less than a block away in an urban area surrounded by homes on all four sides. There is no parking lot for the football field. The athletic director was kind enough to direct us to the courthouse parking lot which can be used for tailgates. We'll have our grill with us, please feel free to come over and BBQ with us. Bring your main dish, beverages, eating utensils and a small dish to pass. Wear your blues and don't forget your flags so we can put them up in the stands!
Apparel & sports button orders: There is a slight chance that the clothing may be delivered to me this week. However, Friday we have a family wedding and I will be tied up all day so I will be delivering apparel at next week's home game. Watch next week's email for details. It is not too late to order apparel. I have attached an order form to this email. Download and print it if you need it. See Luann Crowley to pick up your sports buttons. See Nancy Rumsey to purchase rear window "Charger Football" decals. Decals are $5.00 cash & carry, she has them with her.
The Charger football parents would like to extend a warm welcome to all the new families that we met at homecoming this past weekend. Doesn't Hillsdale throw a great party! Please don't be shy, come over and introduce yourselves and join us at all the tailgates!
The following information is being repeated from a previous email. I picked up a lot of freshman email addresses at the Homecoming game last week so I want to keep them informed.
Hotel Information for Gannon & Mercyhurst games:
I have blocked 20 rooms for both Saturday, Sept. 17 (night of Gannon game) and Friday, October 28 (night before Mercyhurst game) . Please call ASAP to make your reservations.
Ramada Inn - Downtown Erie
18 West 18th St.
Erie, PA 16501
The hotel is located in downtown Erie about halfway between Gannon & Mercyhurst. By blocking 20 rooms I have secured a rate of $65.00 + 11% tax for rooms with 2 double beds. This includes a free continental breakfast. If a guest room exceeds 2 adults the rate is increased $10.00 per person. Rollaway beds are available for $10.00 and are to be reserved at the time of reservation. Outdoor pool may be open depending on the weather. The hotel has a bar which is open from 5 PM - 1 AM. They serve 'bar type' food from 5 PM - 10 PM. Check in is at 3 PM, check out at 11 AM. Cancellation policy is 24 hours.
You must book by Thursday, Sept. 15, 6:00 PM to get this rate for Saturday, Sept. 17.
You must book by Friday, Oct. 14 to get this rate for Friday, Oct. 28. When you call reservations tell them that you are with the "Hillsdale College Tailgate Group". Make sure that you confirm your rate. Should you have any trouble ask for the sales manager, Sara Inman at ext. 153.
Vonnie & Mike Sandner will not be able to attend this week's game so Vonnie has put me in charge of throwing tootsie rolls. This is so important, but I think I have Vonnie's throwing technique down to a science. Wind up and throw like a girl, she says!
OK, see you all in Pennsylvania, let's meet up for a "beverage" after the victory at Ramada Inn's bar! Have a safe trip.
Let's Go Chargers!!!!!!
Thursday, September 15, 2005
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- Hillsdale Takes on Northwood, Noon, Sat. Oct. 1
- Scholl Breaks Fibula, Chargers Seek New QB
- D2Football.com :: Week 6 Northwest Region Notebook...
- Charger Parents :: Northwood Tailgating Info
- Saginaw Soars past Hillsdale 24-3
- Charger Defensive Effort Overshadow
- SVSU's defense dominates Hillsdale
- More Charger Pictures Online
- Confident Cardinals Bring #9 Ranking to The Dale
- Charger Parents::Saginaw Valley Tailgating Info
- D2Football.com::Northwest Region Notebook
- Great Job Otter's Army and Charger Fans!
- Shreffler Family Update
- Oops:Hillsdale's Chad Gurica 3rd in NCAA
- Hillsdale routs Gannon on the road, 43-9
- D2Football.com::Northwest Region Notebook
- Luck be a Lady This Week::Chargers Head to Gannon
- Charger Parents:Gannon Tailgating Info
- Special Thanks from Gridiron Club
- Chargers beat Bulldogs in 2005 Homecoming game
- Homecoming Victory!
- Commentary: AD Kovalchik Takes Spirit out of the G...
- Chargers set to Battle Bulldogs
- Homecoming Festivities Load Saturday
- D2Football.com::Week 3 NW Region Notebook
- Week 2 Players of the Week
- David Harman Memorial Scholarship Ceremony set for...
- Searching for an Identity
- A Tale of 2 Halves: Chargers Drop Another
- Live WCSR Feed Now Available
- Otterbein eyes first win over Findlay
- Week 2 :: Hillsdale Travels to Findlay
- D2football.com: Top 25 Poll
- D2Football.com :: Week 2 Northwest Region Notebook...
- Charger Parents :: Findlay Tailgating Info
- ▼ September (35)