Hillsdale Parents Booster Club
Hillsdale at Northwood
Saturday, October 1, 2005
Game time: 12:00 Noon
Hi Charger Fans,
Tailgating will begin at 10:00 AM in the parking lot off Naegle Rd. behind the DeVos Building on Northwood's campus. Go to: http://www.northwood.edu/locations/mi/phototour/index.asp?section=MichiganCampusPhotoTour Look for building #13, it is the parking lot directly behind that. You can get directions to Northwood's campus by using www.mapquest.com. The address is 4000 Whiting Dr., Midland, MI 48640. It is too early for the 3 B's, burgers, brats and beer so let's do a breakfast tailgate! We did this last year at Northwood and it was a big success. Some suggestions are muffins, bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, cheese & crackers, juice, coffee....you get the drift. Be creative, it will be fun. I won't be attending this week's game because of a family wedding (who gets married during football season, anyways???) but Larry will be there. No grilling this week, continental breakfast only! Ticket prices are $5.00/Adult, $3.00 Children, no charge for parking.
Apparel orders: I will have the rest of the clothing with me at Oct. 8th game. Watch your email next week for further details. It is not too late to order additional clothing. Email me and I'll send you an order form as a download attachment.
Don't forget to call for your reservations for the Mercyhurst game. These rooms will only be held until Tues., Oct. 4, 2005. The following is a repeat from a previous email:
New hotel information for the Mercyhurst (Oct. 29, 1:30 PM) game:
OK, sorry that I blew it with our accommodations at the Ramada Inn. I'd like to thank all the parents that were so gracious about it. I'll have to admit, the rooms were pretty bad. Please call the Ramada Inn @ 1-800-832-9101 to cancel your reservations ASAP. I've already
contacted the Ramada Inn with our complaints, so they are expecting our cancellations.
I have blocked 20 rooms for Friday, October 28 (night before the game) and 10 rooms for Saturday, October 29 (night of the game). Most parents told me they were staying the night before and leaving after the game, but others wanted to stay after.
Available Fri., Oct 28: 15 rooms with 2 double beds, 5 King Whirlpool rooms with 1 King, 1 double bed and whirlpool.
Available Sat., Oct 29: 7 rooms with 2 double beds, 3 King Whirlpool rooms with 1 King, 1 double bed and whirlpool.
Rates are $89.00 + 11% tax for 2 double beds, $109.00 + 11% tax for King/Dble/Whirlpool. This includes a free continental breakfast. You must reserve by October 4, 2005 to receive this rate. I urge you to call ASAP for your room. Cancellation policy is 72 hours prior. Check in 3:00 PM, check out 11:00 AM. When you call for reservations, you are with the "Hillsdale Parent Tailgate Group". Should you have any trouble booking, ask for Erin Van Guilder, sales mgr. Her direct line is 1-877-866-3445.
For reservations contact:
8051 Peach St.
Erie, PA 16509
One more thing, I received a call from Hillsdale today, it seems that someone received an eye injury from a tootsie roll that was thrown at last Saturday's game. I feel terrible that this happened so we won't be throwing tootsie rolls anymore. But I'll tell you what, I'll still bring them and all the little ones (and the big Dads, too) that look forward to tootsie rolls can come and get a handful whenever they want. I like to sit by the 50 yard line so come over and grab a handful. Have a safe trip.
Let's Go Chargers!!!
Friday, September 30, 2005
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- Hillsdale Takes on Northwood, Noon, Sat. Oct. 1
- Scholl Breaks Fibula, Chargers Seek New QB
- D2Football.com :: Week 6 Northwest Region Notebook...
- Charger Parents :: Northwood Tailgating Info
- Saginaw Soars past Hillsdale 24-3
- Charger Defensive Effort Overshadow
- SVSU's defense dominates Hillsdale
- More Charger Pictures Online
- Confident Cardinals Bring #9 Ranking to The Dale
- Charger Parents::Saginaw Valley Tailgating Info
- D2Football.com::Northwest Region Notebook
- Great Job Otter's Army and Charger Fans!
- Shreffler Family Update
- Oops:Hillsdale's Chad Gurica 3rd in NCAA
- Hillsdale routs Gannon on the road, 43-9
- D2Football.com::Northwest Region Notebook
- Luck be a Lady This Week::Chargers Head to Gannon
- Charger Parents:Gannon Tailgating Info
- Special Thanks from Gridiron Club
- Chargers beat Bulldogs in 2005 Homecoming game
- Homecoming Victory!
- Commentary: AD Kovalchik Takes Spirit out of the G...
- Chargers set to Battle Bulldogs
- Homecoming Festivities Load Saturday
- D2Football.com::Week 3 NW Region Notebook
- Week 2 Players of the Week
- David Harman Memorial Scholarship Ceremony set for...
- Searching for an Identity
- A Tale of 2 Halves: Chargers Drop Another
- Live WCSR Feed Now Available
- Otterbein eyes first win over Findlay
- Week 2 :: Hillsdale Travels to Findlay
- D2football.com: Top 25 Poll
- D2Football.com :: Week 2 Northwest Region Notebook...
- Charger Parents :: Findlay Tailgating Info
- ▼ September (35)