Tradition • Character • Service

Tradition • Character • Service

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cleves Delp: Hillsdale College inspires Toledo business leader

Mr. Delp is not only a big supporter of Hillsdale College but also a big supporter of Charger Football. This is a great piece on how his companies work with Hillsdale students and all he gained as a student at the College.

My favorite part of the video is the last line where he states that sure Hillsdale taught him specific things he uses daily but the greatest gift he received was being taught "how to learn". I could not agree more with this statement. I have had tremendous success as an elementary technology teacher. Hillsdale taught me how to survive in the classroom and some good pedagogical techniques but none of the tools I teach students to use had been invented yet. Heck, my job hadn't been invented yet. Hillsdale taught me how to learn, how to analyze a situation or new ability, and then be able to show students how to apply it to their learning. Not a day goes by that I don't marvel at how applicable my liberal arts education to a constantly changing world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article and video!

Search The Chargerblue.com News and Comment

The Web Chargerblue.com News and Comment

Blog Archive

Google Analytics