Grand Valley State, Ferris State might trim athletic schedules to save money
by Howie Beardsley | The Grand Rapids Press
Monday July 20, 2009, 9:50 AM
ALLENDALE -- The ailing economy has NCAA Division II administrators considering changes to their athletic programs that would include different schedules and, in some cases, slightly shortened seasons.
The proposals, which will be voted upon at January's NCAA convention, would push back football and all fall sports seasons by one week. They also would eliminate a week of two-a-day drills before classes begin.
The recommendations also include slightly shortening seasons for baseball, field hockey, softball, volleyball and men's and women's soccer and golf, and not allowing winter sports competition and practices from Dec. 20-26.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Take the MVP Performance Challenge with Charger Na...
- Freep.com: Saginaw Hall to Honor Waters
- On our Radar: Brett Wallan
- Sneak Peek at the 2010 Hillsdale Football Schedule...
- MLive.com: Grand Valley State, Ferris State might ...
- RJ talks to Korte as Steelers camp nears
- RJ Walters: Young and Hungry, GLIAC Newcomers
- Oakland Press: Brother Rice Standout Following in ...
- Join Chargerblue.com's Facebook Page via Text
- First Ever Charger Football Alumni Game Set
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)