COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Saginaw hall to honor Waters
Freep.com: FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES • July 31, 2009
Former Hillsdale, Saginaw Valley State and Michigan State football coach Frank (Muddy) Waters will be inducted into the Saginaw County Sports Hall of Fame on Nov. 8 at the Horizon Center in Saginaw.
Waters is the all-time leader in coaching victories at Hillsdale, with 138, including a 34-game winning streak in the 1950s. After two decades with the Chargers, Waters helped Saginaw Valley State begin its football program. He coached the Cardinals in 1975-79, winning a Great Lakes Conference championship in his final season. He coached Michigan State in 1980-82.
Waters, who died in 2006, already has been inducted into the Hillsdale College Athletic Hall of Fame, the College Football Hall of Fame and the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame.
Baseball: Wayne State signed right-handed pitcher Brock Bates of Evergreen High in Ohio; utility player Chris Gebara of Troy; catcher Brad Guenther of Saline; infielder A.J. Matos of Detroit Western; left-handed pitcher Alex Pierse and right-handed pitcher/shortstop Cameron Walker, both of Warren De La Salle; first baseman Bobby Thomas of Northville, and catcher Josh Schafer, a transfer from Macomb Community College.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Take the MVP Performance Challenge with Charger Na...
- Freep.com: Saginaw Hall to Honor Waters
- On our Radar: Brett Wallan
- Sneak Peek at the 2010 Hillsdale Football Schedule...
- MLive.com: Grand Valley State, Ferris State might ...
- RJ talks to Korte as Steelers camp nears
- RJ Walters: Young and Hungry, GLIAC Newcomers
- Oakland Press: Brother Rice Standout Following in ...
- Join Chargerblue.com's Facebook Page via Text
- First Ever Charger Football Alumni Game Set
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)