Concord hires Joe Williamson to coach football
By Mike Pryson | Jackson Citizen Patriot, April 23, 2009
Joe Williamson is getting an opportunity to turn around another high school football program.
Williamson has been named varsity football coach at Concord two years after he reversed Litchfield's football fortunes. In 2007, Williamson led Litchfield to a 5-4 season after Litchfield was just 1-8 the year prior.
The challenge at Concord has a familiar ring to it.
Concord is coming off a 1-8 campaign, and the Yellow Jackets are just 2-43 over the past five seasons. Concord's last season over .500 was 2001. That year, the team finished 10-3 and advanced to the Division 7 semifinals.
"We're optimistic he can help turn things around here," Concord athletic director Patrick Hansen said. "He's big into the weight room, and he's got a lot of kids excited. We're excited to have him."
Williamson is a high school match teacher at Concord. He played football at Defiance (Ohio) High School and at Hillsdale College. Williamson did not coach last year after leaving Litchfield to accept a teaching position at Concord.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Rj Walters: Upon Further Inspection, Tom Korte fee...
- Korte headed to Pittsburgh Steelers
- Former Charger is New Head Coach at Concord
- Can you help these fellow Hillsdale grads?
- Muddy inducted into Saginaw County Sports Hall of ...
- Spring is in the air: Chargers’ spring game offers...
- Former Dale Ben Shaw: Nearly 70, Shaw still says G...
- Spring Game this Sunday
- Cezat Named Michigan College Female Athlete of the...
- Academic, athletic success go hand in hand for McK...
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)