This is a nice rticle about former Charger Ken McKay and his daughter Miriam who will play softball at Hillsdale as a freshman next season.
Standout softball player to continue career at Hillsdale
By James Kelley
Last fall, Anchor Bay softball standout Miriam McKay signed a national letter of intent to attend Hillsdale College in the fall of 2009.
The second baseman and outfielder has been a three-year starter for the Tars, who went to the state quarterfinals last season.
McKay, who will receive both athletic and academic scholarships for college, says after looking at Division II and III schools, Hillsdale was the best fit for her.
"They weren't my top choice at first, but after I visited the campus and talked with the coaches and players and found out about their great educational program, I thought it was the best fit," McKay said. "I think I will like it there and I'm excited about the opportunity."
When move-in day comes at the south central Michigan school campus this fall, it will be familiar territory for her father.
Ken McKay attended Hillsdale, earning eight varsity letters while playing both football and baseball for the school.
Thursday, April 02, 2009
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Rj Walters: Upon Further Inspection, Tom Korte fee...
- Korte headed to Pittsburgh Steelers
- Former Charger is New Head Coach at Concord
- Can you help these fellow Hillsdale grads?
- Muddy inducted into Saginaw County Sports Hall of ...
- Spring is in the air: Chargers’ spring game offers...
- Former Dale Ben Shaw: Nearly 70, Shaw still says G...
- Spring Game this Sunday
- Cezat Named Michigan College Female Athlete of the...
- Academic, athletic success go hand in hand for McK...
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)