Katie Cezat named the Female Michigan College Athlete of the Year by the Detroit Athletic Club
Hillsdale College Release
April 10, 2009 - Awards season continued Friday afternoon for Hillsdale College senior women's basketball player Katie Cezat.
She was named the female Michigan College Athlete of the Year news story imageby the Detroit Athletic Club. She will be presented the award at a banquet on Monday, May 11. This is the fourth year the DAC has presented this award to college athletes.
The award includes nominees from all colleges and universities in the state, going across all sports and all divisions. The winner of the men's award in 2009 is Tim Hiller from Western Michigan University.
Cezat put together a season for the record books in 2008-09, being named the Division II Women's Basketball Player of the Year by the WBCA, Daktronics and smallcollegehoops.com. She averaged 29 points and 16 rebounds per game for the Chargers, who finished the season as GLIAC champions and ranked as high as No. 3 in the nation.
Monday, April 13, 2009
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Rj Walters: Upon Further Inspection, Tom Korte fee...
- Korte headed to Pittsburgh Steelers
- Former Charger is New Head Coach at Concord
- Can you help these fellow Hillsdale grads?
- Muddy inducted into Saginaw County Sports Hall of ...
- Spring is in the air: Chargers’ spring game offers...
- Former Dale Ben Shaw: Nearly 70, Shaw still says G...
- Spring Game this Sunday
- Cezat Named Michigan College Female Athlete of the...
- Academic, athletic success go hand in hand for McK...
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)