Back in the fall, I wrote about Charger offensive lineman Phil Davignon being named to the All State Good Works Team
, an honor bestowed on 22 football players across all divisions, the award recognizes players who "embody the true spirit of teamwork and giving back through selfless contributions and commendable acts of kindness."
As part of the recognition, Davignon spent New Year's in New Orleans with his brother Andrew and was on the field during halftime of the Utah-Alabama showdown as the Good Works team was announced.
During the trip, the team was recognized at the Sugar Bowl Fan Fest and the Sugar Bowl pre-game party. Players also contributed to the local community while in town by doing repair work in areas still trying to recover from Hurricane Katrina.
(picture courtesy of Phil Davignon)
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- Updated 3/4/09 South Carolina Linebacker Joins Inc...
- 1982 and 1983 Seasons Now Available on DVD
- Chargers Pick up Wyandotte Roosevelt DE Zach Morel...
- Adrian Daily Telegram: Local football stars sign o...
- Collegian: Fingers crossed?Super Bowl fuels athlet...
- Recruiting: A look at new Charger WR Andrew Mott
- Cleveland.com: Independence High School senior is ...
- Hillsdale College Football: 2009 Signees
- Davignon Caps Career with Trip to the Sugar Bowl
- Former Charger Kicker Works Super Bowl Security
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)