FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Chargers travel to Tiffin for 2008 finale
Hillsdale tries to end season with back-to-back wins
Hillsdale College Release
November 5, 2008 - The Hillsdale College football team will take the field for the final time in the 2008 season Saturday, as the Chargers battle Tiffin University in Ohio, starting at 1 p.m.
Hillsdale can close out the season with back-to-back victories for the first time since 2005 with a win over the Dragons. Hillsdale is coming off a 34-14 thumping of Ferris State last weekend in its last home game of the season, while Tiffin is fresh off a 32-28 loss at Michigan Tech.
The Chargers (6-4 overall, 5-4 GLIAC) have clinched their second-straight winning season, an achievement the team hasn't earned since the 1995 and 1996 seasons. Hillsdale closed out the 2005 season with three straight victories.
Tiffin has struggled in its first season as a member of the GLIAC. The Dragons are 1-9 overall, with that lone win coming in a four-overtime thriller against Northern Michigan. The Dragons have been nationally ranked at different points during the 2006 and 2007 seasons, but have endured some tough losses against the rigorous competition the GLIAC offers.
Hillsdale and Tiffin have played a completely even series in the four meetings between the schools. The seires is tied 2-2, with both teams winning once at home, and once on the road in the four-year history of those meetings. The teams had a four-year contract to play one another in non-league competition from 2004-07, and now in 2008, they face each other as league rivals for the first time.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- Send Condolences to GVSU's Skuta via Facebook
- 2008 Commemorative DVD Now Available for Purchase
- November 14th Podcast: Weatherhead Looks Back
- Official Release: 14 players receive All-GLIAC hon...
- 14 Chargers named All-Conference
- Waldie's Record Breaking Catch
- Tom Korte Named 2008 MVP
- Hillsdale Release: Chargers close out 2008 footbal...
- Chargers Hold off Tiffin, win finale
- Week 11 Podcast: Your Tiffin Pregame Show
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Weekly Column
- HC Preview: Tiffin
- Berube is GLIAC Defensive POW
- Waldie becomes All-Time Hillsdale Touchdown Leader...
- Kegg's 66 catches move him to #2 on all-time singl...
- So this Weatherhead kid....you think he might be o...
- Chargers beat Ferris 34-14
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Weekly Column, Ja...
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)