Hillsdale (5-4, 6-4) at Tiffin (1-8, 1-9)
Tiffin wraps up its first GLIAC campaign on their home turf against a Charger group looking for its seventh win of the season. As I've mentioned previously, the Dragons have not folded the tents once this season as far as I can tell so despite the disparity in the records HC will have its hands full.
- Pin your ears back - The TU offensive line has had its issues this year. Unless the Dragons post 187 yards on the ground, they'll set a new GLIAC record for the lowest rushing total for a team for a year. Add to that the fact that they've given up a league worst 39 sacks, and the HC defensive front can/should wreak plenty of havoc.
- Plenty of Throwin' - Look for Kegg, Waldie, Holmes and Patillo to have plenty of business against a TU secondary that's allowed 19 TD's this year.
- Gotta protect Root - The senior QB has actually had a pretty great season considering the constant pressure he's been under. If they can keep him upright, Edwards and Raspberry are terrific deep threats. TU isn't second in the league in pass offense for nothing.
- Contain Panizzi - Tiffin's next to last in the league giving up almost 184 yards per game on the ground. If Vinnie gets rolling and HC keeps Root and Company off the field, it will be harder for TU to stay in this one.
Prediction: All the numbers point to Hillsdale in this one and I do think they'll win. Despite only winning once, however, Tiffin has proven that they aren't always a gimme. Look for the Dragons to keep this one interesting. Hillsdale 34, Tiffin 20.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- Send Condolences to GVSU's Skuta via Facebook
- 2008 Commemorative DVD Now Available for Purchase
- November 14th Podcast: Weatherhead Looks Back
- Official Release: 14 players receive All-GLIAC hon...
- 14 Chargers named All-Conference
- Waldie's Record Breaking Catch
- Tom Korte Named 2008 MVP
- Hillsdale Release: Chargers close out 2008 footbal...
- Chargers Hold off Tiffin, win finale
- Week 11 Podcast: Your Tiffin Pregame Show
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Weekly Column
- HC Preview: Tiffin
- Berube is GLIAC Defensive POW
- Waldie becomes All-Time Hillsdale Touchdown Leader...
- Kegg's 66 catches move him to #2 on all-time singl...
- So this Weatherhead kid....you think he might be o...
- Chargers beat Ferris 34-14
- D2football.com: Tony Nicolette's Weekly Column, Ja...
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)