Aug. 20, 2007
By Brandon Misener
Special to CSTV.com
Brandon is the Editor of D2Football.com and writes twice-weekly for CSTV.com.
On the radio recently, two Championship Subdivision national college football experts discussed the notion that the defending champion should be ranked No. 1 until they are beaten. Essentially, they were disagreeing with the AP ranking USC in the top spot. Defending champion Florida begins the season in the sixth spot, according to the AP.
But it's a belief that is difficult to share because one season's success does not guarantee success in the following season. Each season has to be looked at individually.
Read Brandon's entire coumn.
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- Hillsdale Finishes in top 20 of D2 Power Rankings
- Snapper Hunt
- Hillsdale.edu: Gannon Preview
- Webcast Information
- D2football.com's Tony Nicolette: GLIAC Column
- Younger's Rally Almost Complete
- D2football.com: Bob Eblen's National Preview
- 1st Web Poll: Fans expect big season
- Scrimmage Saturday
- A Volleyball Highlight to Share
- CSTV.Com: Brandon Misener's D2 Top 10
- Our Newest Blogger
- I Phelta Thi Apparel Updated
- NMU Trip Advisor
- Welcome to D2football.com's Tony Nicolette
- Stickers Baby Stickers!
- Hillsdale Says No Thanks to State Aid
- Charger Trainer Struck by Lightning...Already back...
- 8 Charger Games Available Via Webcast
- It is On!
- New Apparel Designs now on Flickr as Wallpaper
- 2007 Media Guide Now Online
- Putting a New Face on the Running Game
- Chargers Picked 9th in GLIAC. Yeah....big friggin'...
- ▼ August (24)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)