1991 graduate Tom Heckert played defensive back at Hillsdale and served as an assistant coach to the football program before joining the Miami Dolphins player personnel department. He had been the Eagles' Vice President of Player Personnel. Congrats to Tom!
Eagles promote Heckert to GM
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
PHILADELPHIA - Back in 2001, when Tom Modrak's name surfaced in rumors for other jobs, the Eagles fired him, citing it as a distraction.
This season, when Tom Heckert's name surfaced in the same sort of rumors, the Eagles gave him a new title and more money.
Heckert, coach Andy Reid's right-hand man on personnel decisions, was named the team's general manager yesterday, after his name surfaced as a candidate for the Minnesota Vikings' job.
"We're happy to keep someone of Tom's caliber in Philadelphia," Reid said. "Tom has done an excellent job and it was important for this organization to have him continue in this general manager role for the foreseeable future."
Heckert came to the Eagles in 2001 from Miami, where he spent 10 years in various scouting roles.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- 1972 Hillsdale Grad to Oversee Harrah's Gulf Coast...
- Ross Named Olympic Alternate
- Ross's Olympic Fate To Be Known Soon
- Hillsdale Grad Heckert New Philly GM
- News from Uganda: Hillsdale College to Begin Canin...
- Keep Your Chargers Away from these Girls!
- Cactus Bowl Coverage A Disappointment
- Watch Keith Recker:Cactus Bowl Webcast Live
- Recker Nets All American Honors
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2005 (161)