The first D2 coaches poll is out and three GLIAC teams are listed. Hillsdale starts the season unranked but received a number of votes.
14. Grand Valley
22. Saginaw Valley
Take a look at the full poll and see if you notice the same thing I do. It seems that the coaches based this year's rankings heavily upon last year's records. That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense in that college teams by nature see a lot of turnover. Also, it's the nature of D2 for coaches in one region to not know a whole lot about teams outside of their immediate region or conference.
Polls are an engrained part of following football. It would be nice to see Hillsdale get some recognition beyond a few votes, but in the end D2 football is about making the playoffs and coaches polls don't have any bearing on that selection process.
Saturday, August 24, 2013
- ► 2014 (25)
- Chargers debut new Adidas uniforms
- Chargers scrimmage Saturday
- Don't Blink...Twenty years later
- GLIAC.org: Tony Nicolette previews the 2013 GLIAC ...
- HillsdaleChargers.com: Experienced Defense leads w...
- Keith Otterbein highlights Hillsdale College's upc...
- Hillsdale picked 5th in GLIAC North Coaches Poll
- Freep.com scouts the GLIAC North
- Three GLIAC Teams appear in pre-season coaches pol...
- Seven questions with #7 Hillsdale QB Sam Landry
- Hillsdale Football looks for 7th straight winning ...
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)