Packer Report: Packers Scouting Record-Setting QB
By Bill Huber
Posted Apr 11, 2011
We have the scoop on Troy Weatherhead, who set an all-divisions record for completion percentage as a senior at Division II Hillsdale.
During a seven-on-seven drill, 75 percent accuracy by the quarterback is considered outstanding.
Troy Weatherhead did better than that during his senior season at Hillsdale, compiling a marksmanship record better than anybody who’s ever played college football, regardless of level of competition.
Weatherhead completed 76.9 percent of passes this past season, with 26 touchdowns and six interceptions, to help Hillsdale reach the second round of the Division II playoffs. After strong performances at the Cactus Bowl — Division II’s all-star game — and two pro-day workouts, Weatherhead figures to earn a shot in the NFL as an undrafted free agent.
“It’s always been my dream (to play in the NFL),” Weatherhead told Packer Report recently. “Coming out of high school, you’d see a couple guys from Division II get a chance to play in the NFL, but obviously when I chose Division II, I knew it was going to be an uphill climb.”
A defining day for Weatherhead came last month at Michigan State’s pro day. Throwing in front of 31 of 32 NFL teams, Weatherhead estimated he completed somewhere around 52 or 55 of his 60 passing attempts.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- MonroeNews.com: Hoskins lands his dream job
- Chicago Sun Times: Ex-DePaul star Kevin Holmes exc...
- OHIO.com: Former Charger Heckert prepares for NFL ...
- Collegian: Charger LB sets school record in shot p...
- Dallas Morning News shares details of Andre Holmes...
- Andre Holmes in Chicago Sun Times: Workout for Bea...
- Hillsdale.edu: Hillsdale College football spring g...
- Packer Report: Packers Scouting Record-Setting QB ...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)