|It's Official: Heckert New Browns GM|
The Browns today officially announced the hiring of Tom Heckert as their new General Manager. The news continues the reconstruction of the Browns front office under new Team President Mike Holmgren...
The Browns have gone back to the future to get the last piece of their top football managerial triumvirate by officially hiring Tom Heckert as their general manager on Monday afternoon.
Heckert, whose father, Tom Sr., worked as an area scout for the Browns, serving the Midwest, from 1982 through ’86, was believed to be the frontrunner for the job even before he interviewed with new team president Mike Holmgren last Wednesday. By NFL rule, he was not permitted to be hired until the Philadelphia Eagles, for whom he had worked as general manager since January 2006, were eliminated from the NFC playoffs. That hurdle was cleared Saturday night when the Dallas Cowboys routed them 34-14 in a wild card-round game.
The 42-year-old Heckert will have final say over the 53-man roster, something he did not possess in Philadelphia, where that responsibility is held by head coach Andy Reid. By league by-laws, that’s the only way Heckert could have made what appears at first glance to be a lateral move.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Orange and Brown Report: It's Official, Hillsdale's Heckert New Browns GM
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- D2football Final Top 25, All Americans
- UIndy Leaving GLIAC after 2011 Season as GLVC adop...
- 2010 Hillsdale College Football Schedule Officiall...
- USA Today: Division II schools cut back on length ...
- Orange and Brown Report: It's Official, Hillsdale'...
- Thanks RJ Walters
- MLive: Almost passed up by Hillsdale, Grand Rapids...
- Former Charger and current Philadelphia Eagles GM ...
- GLIAC News: GVSU to name Matt Michell new head coa...
- Berube and Petro Get Ready for Valero Cactus Bowl,...
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)