Hillsdale College Release
February 1, 2011 - Three members of the 2010 Hillsdale College football team were named honorable mention All-American by D2football.com. The website released its list late Monday night.
D2football.com is considered the premier entity covering Division II football, and Hillsdale College was well-represented on its All-American list.
Sophomore RB Joe Glendening, senior WR Andre Holmes and senior QB Troy Weatherhead were each named to the honorable mention list by the website. It is the second All-American honor for Weatherhead, while Glendening and Holmes each earned that recognition for the first time.
Weatherhead was previously named honorable mention All-American by the Don Hansen Football Gazette.
The Chargers' starting quarterback for three seasons, Weatherhead finished 2010 as the GLIAC Player of the Year and the NCAA Division II leader in passing efficiency. He also set an all-division record for pass completion percentage in a single season (76.9), and led the GLIAC in completions (279) and passing yards (3,215). He finished his career as Hillsdale College's all-time leader in career completions, attempts, yards and touchdown passes.
Glendening enjoyed a spectacular first season as the starting running back for the Chargers, earning First-Team All-GLIAC accolades. He set a single-season school record with 312 rushing attempts, and led the conference with 1,485 rushing yards, and scored 15 touchdowns.
Holmes made a big name for himself on the nationwide stage in 2010, finishing with 104 catches for 1,368 yards and 11 touchdowns. His receptions and receiving yards were both single-season school records. He was also named First-Team All-GLIAC, and has been invited to the NFL Combine later this month, as well as the NFLPA Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Game, scheduled for this Saturday, Feb. 5.
All three players were key components to Hillsdale's 9-3 season in 2010. The Chargers were co-champions of the GLIAC South Division, and qualified for the NCAA Division II playoffs for the second year in a row.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- Holmes holds his own at the Combine
- Reno recruit can kick
- Watch Andre Holmes perform at the NFL Combine Onli...
- Hillsdale welcomes next wave of recruits
- The Huge Show: Jared Veldheer Interview
- Collegian: NFL looking at holmes, Weatherhead
- Hillsdale.edu: Trio of Chargers named honorable me...
- MLive.com: Catholic Central grad Tom Korte heads t...
- Holmes has 2 catches in All Star Game
- Holmes takes center stage at NFLPA game today from...
- Official Football Signing Day list from Hillsdale ...
- Hillsdale's Mudd back in the NFL as Eagles Line Co...
- Add Gladwin's Kegan Smith to the Hillsdale list of...
- First Five Players officially sign with Hillsdale
- Recent Charger Assistant with deep Hillsdale Colle...
- 6' 3" Kentucky QB commits to the Chargers
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)