One GLIAC Player of the Year will replace another on Hillsdale's staff as QB coach. Mark Nicolet, the 2007 recipient of that honor is leaving for a graduate assistant position at Drake. Dan Mettlach, the 2004 winner is taking the reigns at that post.
Since graduating in 2005 as the quarterback of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Mettlach has served for 3 years as the quarterbacks and receivers at Northern Michigan and most recently the Athletics Director at Dexter High School.
Mettlach will have a big job as he develops the Charger replacement for 2010's version of the league offensive POY Troy Weatherhead. Right now the position is looking like an early presidential primary with no less that 5 guys hoping fate and hard work make them the heir apparent.
In 2004, Michigan Tech was GLIAC co-champ and led the league in total offense with an average of 446 yards per game. Mettlach threw for 1683 yards and ran for over 300 on the year.
Thursday, January 06, 2011
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- Big Week for Hillsdale's Andre Holmes at NFLPA Te...
- Recruiting: Holland West Ottawa's Curtis Smith hea...
- Hillsdale's Andre Holmes get NFL Scouting Combine ...
- Veldheer helps save Hillsdale Marine Bio program
- Weatherhead named Don Hansen HM All American
- 6'6" OG Van Opstall shares with community he's hea...
- Doerfler wins Commissioner's Award and Hillsdale F...
- MLive.com: Hillsdale quarterback Troy Weatherhead ...
- Sporting News: Draft Dish: Hillsdale QB's skill se...
- Weatherhead leads Blue Devils in Cactus Bowl
- Mettlach joins Hillsdale staff as QB coach
- Watch Troy Weatherhead in the Cactus Bowl online
- Chargerblue.com has learned that a couple more DCC...
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (204)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)