Tradition • Character • Service

Tradition • Character • Service

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Patriots Daily: Q & A with Jared Veldheer

Q&A With Hillsdale OT Jared Veldheer

by Chris Warner, Patriots Daily Staff


If it’s true that a small school player trying to reach the NFL has to make a big impression, Jared Veldheer’s off to a great start. The 6-foot-8, 312-pound tackle from Hillsdale College in Michigan stood out at the NFL combine, ranking in the top tier for offensive linemen in six events, including a 5.09-second 40-yard dash.

Veldheer took some time away from workouts and classes to talk with PD about his combine experience and future in the NFL.

Let’s start out with the question I’m sure you’re getting tired of: Why Hillsdale?

Well, I was getting recruited by some of the larger, Division I schools, where I went to some of their camps during the summer. You know, I came out of a Wing-T system in high school where I had no idea how to pass (protect), and, you know, the kick-slide was foreign. So I was just trying to rely on my basketball skills, and I fell down the teams’ radar from there. Come the winter, no one was really calling any more, and that’s when the D-II’s starting heating up. My brother graduated from Hillsdale College, played basketball here. And it’s a great school, great education, and great fit for me.

Full Interview

Replacing Emoji...

No comments:

Search The Chargerblue.com News and Comment

The Web Chargerblue.com News and Comment

Blog Archive

Google Analytics