Nicolet, Vanover selected to play in 2008 Cactus Bowl
Hillsdale College Release
December 3, 2007 - Hillsdale College senior football players Mark Nicolet and Matt Vanover have been selected to play in the 2008 Cactus Bowl, the Division II Football "all-star game." news story image
The game will be played on Friday, Jan. 11 in Kingsville, Texas, at Javalina Stadium with a 6:35 p.m. local time kickoff.
This marks the first time two Hillsdale players will participate in the game. Keith Recker played in the 2006 Cactus Bowl, and offensive lineman Silas Johnson played in the 2003 game from Hillsdale.
The honor is just the latest in an award-filled season for both news story imageNicolet and Vanover. Each player was named First-Team All-GLIAC and First-Team All-Region. Nicolet was the 2007 GLIAC Player of the Year, while Vanover set a GLIAC record with a punting average of 43.4 this season.
The Cactus Bowl is one of the primary stops for NFL scouts. Nicolet and Vanover will suit up for the East Team in the game.
Monday, December 03, 2007
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (99)
- ► 2012 (133)
- ► 2011 (139)
- ► 2010 (290)
- ► 2009 (279)
- ► 2008 (146)
- Veldheer Family Shares its 2007 Season Pictures
- Rockin the Dale back in the day
- Recruiting: Anthony Mifsud
- AP Little All American Team
- Nicolet 2nd Team Daktronics All American
- Mark Nicolet Brings Home McAvoy Award
- Riepma Steps Down as Northwood Coach, Remains AD
- Nicolet, Vanover Head to Cactus Bowl D2 All Star G...
- Awrey out at Saginaw Valley
- ▼ December (9)
- ► 2006 (119)
- ► 2005 (161)